National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) Recruitment for Scientist (I) Post 2019
Job Name : Scientist-I
Description : NDDB offers an excellent learning environment with considerable freedom for creative and innovative activities. We are looking for a young and energetic Scientist for Centre for Analysis and Learning in Livestock and Food (CALF) laboratory
Job Category : Centre for Analysis and Learning in Livestock and Food (CALF)
Profile Summary : Analysis of cattle feed, feed ingredients, mineral salts for compositional parameters and anti-nutritional factors /toxicants in feed.
Key roles and Responsibility :
1. Analysis of feed ingredients, silage for proximate parameters.
2. Analysis of mineral mixture and mineral salts for inorganic analysis.
3. Analysis of feed for anti-nutritional factors and natural toxicant.
4. Candidate would be responsible for coordination and monitoring for timely completion of analysis.
5. Data monitoring, integrity, ensuring accuracy interpretation of data & timely reporting of results.
6. Preparation of specification of required equipment, indenting and coordinate purchase activities.
7. Installation of equipment as per specification and training of personnel, conducting system suitability/ calibration checks
8. Standardization and validation of new methodologies.
9. Perform and supervision of analytical work of Trainee Scientist/Technician/ Trainee.
10. Proper handling and maintenance of sophisticated equipment. Usage & proper storage of CRM/SRM.
11. Ensure good housekeeping and maintain required environmental conditions as per test method.
12. Estimate Measurement of Uncertainty of respective test parameters.
13. Responsible for scope enhancement and meeting accreditation requirement. Carrying out analytical operations as per requirement of ISO 17025.
14. Ensure calculations & data transfer in a systematic manner.
15. Prepare internal test reports and maintain technical records and vetting of analytical data.
16. Proper sample handling and maintaining its integrity during and after
17. Ensure compliance with laboratory safety requirements.
18. Prepare required Standard Operating Procedures & Work Instructions.
19. Indenting of chemicals, glassware and supporting equipment.
20. Assist in budgeting, costing and inventory control.
21. Any other relevant work assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification & Experience :
Incumbent should be MVSc. / Masters in Animal Nutrition with minimum two (2) years of analytical experience in analysis of cattle feed, feed ingredients / mineral salts / anti-nutritional factors /toxicants in feed.
Ph.D in Animal Nutrition with MVSc /Masters in Animal Nutrition.
Location : Anand
Other Essential attributes and skills :
Skills/ Attributes: Technical
1) Working experience of analytical techniques in the nutritional and compositional analysis feed & mineral salts.
2) Good theoretical and practical knowledge about chemical composition of various food and feed ingredients along with anti-nutritional factors in feed.
3) Understanding of Toxicants / anti-nutritional factors in feed, physiology and etiology of toxicity and analytical techniques.
Skills/ Attributes: Managerial
1) Candidate should be able to use the computer, well versed in MS office capable of using instrumental software and ERP.
2) Candidate should be results oriented, hardworking and should have ability to manage & work amicably with team to improve productivity.
The maximum age limit for the position(s) is 30 years (As 01 May 2019).
(Last date of receiving applications is 08 May 2019)
The position is on a fixed term employment (FTE) for 5 years.